Exam Center Requirements
All final exams will be administered online at IOU designated centers across the globe. IOU will appoint centers in a city even if there is only one student. Students will be required to pay applicable fees to the center. This will vary from country to country and may also be free in some cases.
Only the final exams will be conducted at the exam centers.
Please note that the setting up of exam centers requires support and efforts from the students.
We need you to identify centers in your city that match the profile given below and that would also be convenient for you to travel to. An IOU exam center should be one of the following
An IOU exam center would be one of the following
* An Islaamic center
* A Masjid
* An Islaamic school
* An Islamic professional institution
* In rare cases the office of a reputable Muslim business would also be considered if none of the above are available in some location.
The center is required to provide the following:
- A reliable proctor with working knowledge of the internet. He/she should be present in the room throughout the exam time (75 minutes maximum). He/ she should ensure that students do not cheat using either hard copies or soft copies via their own laptop or through email, etc. The proctor should ensure that the student does not open any tabs other than the one he/she uses for the exam. These conditions are in place in order to maintain the validity of the exams. Prior to granting students access to the exam, the proctor is required to:
- check photo IDs of the students
- enter the password (provided by IOU) so that the student can take the exam
- A PC for each student. This is preferable, but not absolutely necessary. Students may use their own laptops if needed.
- Reliable high speed internet access. In situations where students find a center suitable in other respects, but they are unable to provide internet access, they may opt to use their own 3G connections, if available.
Once you have selected a center, contact the administrator of the center to see if they are able to proctor the exams. Check to see if the center charges any fees for proctoring the exams. IOU is not responsible for paying any proctoring fees. Most Islamic centers do not charge anything beyond the remuneration required for the proctor.
After securing a test center (as per the steps above), submit the name of the center for approval to the IOU centers manager. You can submit your suggestions for a new center by clicking here.
The centers manager will evaluate the center and then inform the student of the final decision.